In-Class Discussion Questions
Wednesday, April 29
Thursday, April 30
Friday, May 1
Think about the novel as a whole and themes that we can follow throughout the entire book:
- Choose one theme/anchor word
- Pick two quotes to support that theme
- Explain how each passage shows the chosen theme
Monday, May 4 (Ch. 18-19)
- Who is Solly Goldman? (Make sure he is in your "character" box)
- What is the significance of the "crystal caves of Africa"? What might they symbolize and foreshadow?
Tuesday, May 5 (Ch. 20)
- Continue developing the themes of loneliness and independence in this chapter.
- Choose a golden line that supports either of these ideas and explain it on your organizer.